We Are Giordano Associates
Trusted by the Insured
Feared by the
Who we are.
We are the most innovative and most experienced Public Adjuster Firm in Connecticut
We have proudly served thousands of clients in 5 states
You can see a short list of recent Connecticut clients here (you might even recognize a friend, neighbor or colleague)
Linda S. LaLuna
John A. Giordano Jr., served in the state House from 1975 to 1978.
As the youngest elected state official.
John’s been a hard worker, fighting for peoples best interests for years.
It’s in his DNA
Plus 40 years of diligently working (as a public adjuster) for the insured with powerful results.
Public Adjuster/Accredited Marine Surveyor
• Responsible for preparation of claims for high profile, complex commercial and personal lines claims, working with insurance company adjusters, experts and managers to ensure our clients receive an equitable settlement for all features of their claim.
• Responsible for Third Party Administration and for handling large complex institutional and commercial property claims, supervising independent adjusters, inspecting losses as per TPA procedure and agreement reporting to numerous insurance companies
• Responsible for handling large complex commercial property, international, high profile personal lines, jewelers block, ocean marine, and fine arts claims, reporting to numerous insurance company supervisors
• Developing claim staff through hands on education and seminar presentations
• Account Executive for Purdue Pharma International, Dassault Falcon Jet, Sadler Aviation, New England Aircraft, Michael Foods, Landry’s Restaurants, Starbucks Coffee Company, Ritz Carlton International, Sheffield Environmental, Diocese of Manchester
> Responsible for handling large complex commercial property, ocean marine and international claims. Home Office Reporting.
> Assisting in the development of claims personnel for the purpose of promoting within. Responsible for the GA staff working from in home offices, completely automated.
> Team Project Chairman of Developing Future Property Staff and Career Paths at Zurich-American.
> Account Executive for Sentinel Holdings, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Berwind Corporation and the Diocese of Manchester, NH.
> Co-adjusting with independent account adjusters ZA claims.
> Supervising and providing training to General Adjusters.
> Account Executive for Toys “R” Us, Blockbuster Video, Sentinel Holdings, RJR Nabisco, Biltmore Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, The Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles and Esprit DeCorp of Los Angeles.
> Catastrophe claims experience includes, Hurricanes Andrew, Gloria, Bob, The Los Angeles Riots, Oakland Fires, Northridge and San Andreas Earthquakes and CAT 46 Storm of The Century.
> Conducted internal investigation of all active claims files assigned to two general adjusters under Federal indictment and concluded.
> Promoted to Vice President by CEO and Board of Directors April 1988.
> Promoted to Assistant Vice President by CEO and Board of Directors in April 1987. Responsible for automated in home adjusting staff environment.
Property Loss Research Bureau and American Insurance Association, Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (SAMS) conferences, symposia and fraud seminars and workshops. Various company related workshops and symposia.
• Formal Insurance education, GAB, Ocean Marine and Business Interruption, GAB Education Center, Denver, Colorado, Nathan Tracy Instructor.
>Advanced Property Insurance and Business Interruption, Ocean Marine, Crawford & Company Education Center, Atlanta, Georgia.
>Educational seminars and symposia conducted by Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors.
>Education Seminars, Fraud, Business Interruption presented by renowned experts, Campos & Stratis CPA and Matson, Driscoll & Damico CPA, Belfor Enginering.
• Dutchess Community College of New York AS- Business Degree- Graduated 1995 High honors
• Plattsburgh State University of New York BS – Business Marketing Degree-Graduated 1988 Cum Laude
Insurance Work Experiences:
• Nationwide Insurance Company 1989 – 1994 Large Loss Specialist- Investigated, prepared, negotiated and settled large loss personal and commercial line property claims. Lead catastrophe team during Hurricane Andrew in Florida. Specialized in Large Loss claims in NYC.
• Middlesex Mutual Assurance Company 1995- 2002 Senior Claims Adjuster- Investigated, prepared, negotiated and settled personal line property claims.
• Giordano Associates, LLC 2002-Present. Public Insurance Adjuster representing individuals and business who have suffered property related losses. Licensed in CT, NY MA, RI.
Charter Professional Commercial Underwriter, C.P.C.U.
This is equivalent to a master degree in insurance Associates In Claims, AIC Designation with heavy concentration on claims Certified Insurance Consultant, State of Connecticut Appointed by the State of Connecticut as a Certified Insurance Consultant.
Notable Commercial Claims Handled:
• Yale New Haven Hospital 2002 Water loss: Cancer Center $20 million in damages.
• Yale New Haven Hospital 2007 Water loss: Women’s Center $7 million in damages.
• World Trade Center 87th Floor May Davis Group Brokerage Firm: 2001 Terrorism $1 million in damage.
• Plaza Management – Old Greenwich Gables 2009 Fire Loss $4 million in damages.
• Plaza Management – Royal Pavilion 2010 Fire Loss $1 million in damages.
• InfoShred Incorporated 2011 Snow Load Collapse $5 million in damages.
• Calvary Church 2011 Snow Load Collapse $ 4.8 million in damages.
• Yankee Boat Yard and Marina 2003 Fire Loss $4.2 million in damages.
• Charlotte Hungerford Hospital 2004 Water Loss $3.6 million in damages.
I hold three degrees from Quinnipiac University.
After military service with the United States Marine Corps which included service in The Republic of Vietnam I returned to my College education at Quinnipiac.
After returning to Civilian life I became an Insurance Adjuster and eventually formed my own company representing individuals and business organizations in the presentation and negotiation of their claims with their own insurance companies.
Motivated, I completed the last two and one half years of the B. S. requirements in two years which enabled me to enter Law School as a First Year Student in the Fall of the year following the attainment of my B. S.
I attended Law School full time while working full time and raised a family at the same time. Since Graduating from Law School I have been engaged in the private practice of law in the State of Connecticut. My practice is a general Practice with a concentration in Business Law and Litigation.
Legal – Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators, Lawyers
Management – Administrative Services Managers
Kolb & Associates, P. C. in East Haven, Conn. (Present employment)
Public Adjustment Bureau, Inc. in East Haven, Conn. May 1973 to May 1981
Chief Operations Officer and Public Insurance Adjuster. Maintained this status while in full time attendance at College and Law School
General Adjustment Bureau in Hamden, Conn. December 1968 to May 1973 Original position was staff insurance adjuster and within three years was promoted to Branch Manager. Voluntarily terminated employment to start my own adjusting firm.
U.S. Marine U.S.
Marine Corps July 1966 to July 1968
Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Conn.
September 1965 to May 1977 B. S.
Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Conn.
September 1977 to May 1980 J. D.
Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Conn.
July 2002 to December 2005 MBA
B. S. Legal Studies
J. D. Juris Doctor
MBA Master’s of Business Administration
Superior Court – State of Connecticut 5-19-81
U.S. District Court 7-7-81
U.S. Court of Appeals – 2nd Circuit 9-18-81
U.S. Tax Court 10-2-81
U.S. Court of International Trade 7-14-82
U.S. Court of Claims 1-4-82
U.S. Court of Customs & Patent Appeals 8-11-82
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 8-11-82
Supreme Court of the United States 1-21-85
Supreme Court of Florida 4-26-91
D.C. Court of Appeals 5-17-91
Mashantucket Pequot Indian Tribal Court 6-30-95
U.S. District Court of Florida – Southern District 7-6-95
Mohegan Tribe Gaming Disputes 6-17-04
Office Manager, Giordano Associates, LLC, East Haven, CT 2011-present
- Responsible for all general bookkeeping and banking services including reconciliation
- Efficiently completes daily office tasks for President and other employees
- Interacts with clients, and insurance companies regarding insurance claims
- Works independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Maintains the client database of all past and current clientele
Secretary, East Haven Board of Education, East Haven, CT 2005-2010
- Acted as central hub for staff of 25 employees
- Responsible for local and state student data input and reports; compiled student information for permanent records (enroll, school transfer)
- Facilitated building security (camera monitoring, building entry security system)
- Efficiently completed clerical tasks for administrator, staff members and PTO
- Addressed parental/staff/student concerns and resolved disputes (FERPA)
- Purchased supplies and books for the building and prepared requisitions
Secretary, Town of East Haven, East Haven, CT 2002-2005
- Completed the pre-approval of applicants for the State Department of Economic and Community Development Small Cities Home Rehabilitation Loan Program
- Prepared all necessary documents for Section 8 listings for the town’s program recipients
- Assisted town residents regarding the Section 8 and the Small Cities program
- Resolved disputes with residents and landlords along with management companies over housing issues
Administrative/Medical Assistant, Harold D. Levy, M.D., Branford, CT 1999-2005
- Prepared patient files and updated personal information
- Prepared relevant documents for medical records requests
- Communicated in person and by telephone with patients, other physicians, insurance companies and pharmacies while adhering to HIPAA regulations
- Obtained approval for patient referrals from insurance companies
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Proficient with Intuit QuickBooks
- Strong skill base in PC computers, digital camera, fax machines, copiers, and scanners
- Extensive training in the student based informational system SASI and Power School
Executive Board Member, East Haven Yellowjacket Athletic Club 2003-2014
- Record minutes as the elected Secretary at monthly meetings and distribute to members of the club
Commission Clerk, Town of East Haven 2003-present
- Record minutes at monthly meetings of the Housing Authority, Urban Renewal Agency, Park and Recreation Commission, Americans With Disability Act Commission and Economic Development Commission and distribute to all members including the Town Clerk
South Central Community College, New Haven, CT 1985-1986
General Studies, undeclared major
One of the most emotionally devastating challenges you will experience...
The MOST destructive and seemingly "soft" disaster of them all....
Floods, snow, ice, hail, wind...
You name it, we have seen and we can help you
Residential or commercial property, cars, boats, fine art, antiquities... We can help you
How we work.
1 We evaluate your situation...
2 We evaluate your insurance policy...
3 We co-ordinate,
detail and organize your claim,
to get you the best result...